Acivir 400mg DT Dispersible Tablet is a potent antiviral medication containing acyclovir as its active ingredient, designed to effectively treat and manage various herpes simplex viral infections. This prescription medication is specifically formulated to combat genital herpes, cold sores, and shingles by inhibiting the replication of the virus responsible for these infections. The tablet form of Acivir 400mg DT offers the convenience of easy administration, as it can be easily dissolved in water before consumption. This user-friendly feature makes it suitable for patients of all age groups, ensuring comfortable and hassle-free consumption.
Cipla Limited, a renowned global pharmaceutical company known for its commitment to providing affordable and high-quality healthcare solutions, manufactures Acivir 400mg DT. With a strong focus on research and development, Cipla ensures that patients have access to effective and innovative medicines, contributing to the improvement of global health.
The working mechanism of Acivir 400mg DT centers around acyclovir’s powerful antiviral properties. Upon ingestion, the active ingredient is activated by the viral thymidine kinase enzyme present in infected cells. Once activated, acyclovir effectively hinders the synthesis of new viral DNA by inhibiting the viral DNA polymerase enzyme. As a result, the severity and duration of herpes viral infection symptoms are significantly reduced, facilitating a smoother and more manageable recovery process.
Here are some potential side effects of Acivir 400mg DT:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Difficulty breathing
PRECAUTIONS FOR ACIVIR 400MG DT
- Strict Adherence to Prescribed Dosage: It is essential for patients to follow the prescribed dosage and administration schedule provided by their healthcare professional to ensure optimal results and effectiveness of the medication.
- Report Side Effects: If any side effects are experienced while taking Acivir 400mg DT, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, dizziness, fatigue, abdominal pain, or skin rash, it is crucial to report them immediately to a healthcare provider for proper assessment and management.
- Medical History: Patients with a medical history should inform their doctor before using Acivir 400mg DT. This includes disclosing any underlying medical conditions, especially kidney disease or a weakened immune system, to determine the appropriateness of the medication for their specific health needs.
- Interaction with Other Medications: It is important to discuss all other medications and supplements being taken with the healthcare provider before starting Acivir 400mg DT. Some medications may interact with Acivir, leading to potential adverse effects or reduced efficacy.
- Allergies: Individuals should inform their healthcare provider of any known allergies to acyclovir or other medications to prevent allergic reactions and ensure safe usage of Acivir 400mg DT.
- Avoid Alcohol Consumption: To maintain safety during the course of treatment, patients are advised to avoid consuming alcohol while taking Acivir 400mg DT. Alcohol may increase the risk of side effects or interfere with the medication’s effectiveness.
- Driving and Heavy Machinery: If Acivir 400mg DT causes dizziness or impairment, patients should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery to prevent accidents and ensure personal safety.
30 Tablets, 60 Tablets, 90 Tablets, 200 Tablets