INTRODUCTION ACIVIR 800MG DT
Acivir 800mg DT (Dispersible Tablet) is a potent antiviral medication containing acyclovir as its active ingredient. This prescription medication is specifically formulated to treat and manage various herpes simplex viral infections, including genital herpes, cold sores, and shingles. With its powerful antiviral properties, easy administration, and the assurance of Cipla Limited’s reputable manufacturing, Acivir 800mg DT offers an effective and convenient solution for patients seeking relief from the discomfort and symptoms associated with herpes infections.
BENEFITS OF ACIVIR 800MG DT
- Convenient Administration: Acivir 800mg DT comes in the form of dispersible tablets, allowing for easy administration by dissolving the tablet in water before consumption. This user-friendly feature makes it suitable for patients of all age groups, ensuring a comfortable and hassle-free experience.
- Precise Dosing: The medication is available in various strengths and formulations, ensuring precise dosing tailored to the severity of the infection and the patient’s specific needs. It is usually taken orally 2-5 times daily or as directed by the healthcare provider.
- Reduces Duration and Severity of Symptoms: Acivir 800mg DT contains acyclovir, an antiviral medication that effectively inhibits the replication of the virus responsible for herpes infections. By preventing the synthesis of new viral DNA through the inhibition of the viral DNA polymerase enzyme, the severity and duration of herpes viral infection symptoms are significantly reduced, leading to a more comfortable and manageable recovery process.
- Reduces Frequency and Severity of Outbreaks: Taking acyclovir at the first sign of an outbreak and consistently as directed by a doctor is most effective. While not a cure, acyclovir can reduce the frequency and severity of outbreaks, as well as the transmission of herpes infections.
- Manufactured by Cipla Limited: Acivir 800mg DT is manufactured by Cipla Limited, a renowned global pharmaceutical company based in Mumbai, India. Cipla Limited is known for its commitment to providing access to affordable and high-quality healthcare solutions. With a strong focus on research and development, Cipla ensures that patients have access to effective and innovative medicines, contributing to the improvement of global health.
Acivir 800mg DT contains acyclovir, which is activated by the viral thymidine kinase enzyme present in infected cells. Once activated, acyclovir effectively hinders the synthesis of new viral DNA by inhibiting the viral DNA polymerase enzyme. This mechanism of action reduces the severity and duration of symptoms associated with herpes infections, providing relief to patients.
As with any medication, some individuals may experience side effects while taking Acivir 800mg DT. Potential side effects include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, dizziness, fatigue, abdominal pain, skin rash, itching, swelling, difficulty breathing, hallucinations, confusion, seizures, and yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice). It is important to note that not everyone will experience side effects, and some people may experience different or more severe side effects than others. If any concerning or persistent reactions occur, immediate reporting to a healthcare provider is essential for proper assessment and management.
- Allergies and Medical Conditions:
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to acyclovir or any other medications, or if you have any underlying medical conditions, especially kidney disease or a weakened immune system.
- Interactions with Medications: Acivir 800mg DT may interact with other medications, so inform your doctor if you are taking any other medications or supplements.
- Dizziness and Driving: The medication may cause dizziness, so avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how it affects you.
- Alcohol Consumption: Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Acivir 800mg DT, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Dosage and Duration: Do not exceed the recommended dose or duration of treatment without consulting your healthcare provider.
30 Tablets, 60 Tablets, 90 Tablets, 200 Tablets